I’ve tried some baklava recipes… the assembly is quite simple and does not make much difference for one recipe to another. The most important bits are the syrup and the filling and I think I finally found the flavor combination I like the most.
Make sure that you will have enough syrup to cover the top of the filo sheets as well and you can treat yourself a yummy, sticky dessert from Turkey.
- 225 g sugar
- 200 ml water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g honey
- 250 g coarsely ground walnut
- 180g butter
- 16 filo pastry sheets
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Add the sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla extract into a pot.
- Heat it up until it starts boiling, pull it off the heat, add the honey and boil it again.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Fold each filo pastry sheet in half. It is optimal to choose a baking tray with the size of the folded pastry sheets.
- Cover the tray with butter.
- Melt the butter.
- Place one sheet of the folded pastry sheet to the bottom of the tray, use a brush and cover its surface by the melted butter.
- Place a second, folded sheet on the top, brush with the melted butter.
- Add a third folded pastry sheet, brush it with butter.
- Add a fourth folded sheet on the top. Brush its surface with melted butter.
- Cover the top sheet with the walnut, evenly sprinkle a tbalespoon of sugar on top, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Close the layer of fillings by a pastry sheet that you brush both sides with melted butter.
- Repeat this layering 3-4 times, the top layer is a folded sheet covered with melted butter.
- Cut the layered pastry into squares, then into triangles along the diagonals.
- Bake it in pre-heated the oven to 180 °C, for about 20-25 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven, let it rest for a few minutes, then pour the syrup on it, start to cover the cut edges, then pour the rest of it over the pastry.
- Let it cool down completely, keep it on room temperature.
Tried this recipe? Do not hesitate to show me the result
by tagging @holywhiskblog in your social media shares.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or contact me on Instagram.
• • •
Kipróbáltad a receptet? Jelöld meg a @holywhiskblog-ot közösségi média posztjaidban, hogy én is láthssam az eredményt.
Ha kérdésed van, kérlek tedd fel a kommenteknél vagy vedd fel velem a kapcsolatot Instagramon.