Is there anything better than a freshly made, cozy breakfast? I would say no… unless this Black Forest Skillet Brownie would be in front of me. Let’s tune in for Christmas with the wonderful flavour combinations of a Black Forest Cake merged with the fudge brownie from your dreams.
Just think about it… your family spending the holidays together. One-after-one they are waking up on Christmas Day to the scent of this irresistible cake, that will be a wonderful start of the day. As a result, you will see nothing but smile on their faces way before visiting the Christmas tree and opening the presents. In contrast to the previous year when everyone enjoyed a store-bought toast bread with butter and tea, your loved ones will be wrapped in the scent of the sweet, freshly baked skillet brownie.
Above all, you gave an extra present for your family by dedicating your time and also your attention to their joy.
This recipe has been featured in the November issue of Baking Heaven Magazine in the UK so I cannot be more proud 🙂
- 500g cherries or sour cherries
- 1/2 lemon’s juice
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 125 ml water or cherry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rum
- 125 g butter
- 150 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g sugar
- 30 g + 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream and fresh cherries for serving
- Pit the cherries and place them into a pot.
- Add the sugar and water or juice, start heating.
- Remove a few tbsp warm juice from the pot and incorporate the corn starch. Mix it until there are no lumps in the mixture, then add into the pot’s content.
- Cook until the juice thickens, then remove from heat and finally stir in the rum.
- First of all, melt the butter and chocolate over steam. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract, but do not use a hand mixer only a whisk or a fork. Add to the butter-chocolate mixture.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, incorporate it into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix the one tablespoon flour and dark chocolate chips, incorporate it to the batter.
- Divide the batter between 4 small skillets.
- Bake the brownies in pre-heated oven on 175 °C for 15-20 minutes, but make sure you keep your eye on it because it can easily overbake in the small skillets.
- Finally, serve the brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, add a generous spoon of cherry topping, and also fresh cherries.
• • •
Fekete Erdő Brownie Serpenyőben