WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY.
Any time we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and our other services, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
THE HOLY WHISK BLOG IS A WORDPRESS.COM HOSTED WEBSITE
- Our WordPress-powered site is running inbuilt Jetpack service. Find more information about this service and how they collect and use data at their Privacy Center here.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information from this website & our e-mail marketing services:
- contact information including name, email address given for example by contact forms, comments, like and follow functions, subscription and registration
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences, and interests
- device information and user information like IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, the timestamp of an event, browser language, country code
- information by cookies,“web beacons” or “pixels”
- information by Jetpack, which is an inbuilt service of WordPress.com, find more information about this service and how they collect and use data here
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Additional information about the privacy of WordPress.com hosted sites straight from the data processor at https://privacy.blog.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to contact you, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons.
We may use this information…
- to communicate with you
- to discuss the details of promotions and giveaways
- to improve our products and services
- to customize the website according to your interests
- for market research purposes, targeted advertisements or marketing communications
- to fulfill your order
- for legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Some part of the information listed in the previous section is only expressed by simple statistics provided by WordPress.com running Jetpack, to the Holy Whisk Blog, for example:
- we see the total number of views visitors, likes, comments
- the popularity of each post
- the number of visits from different countries
- search terms
- referrer sites
- and clicked links
We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail, depends on the contact details you provided.
Registration is not required in order to use or access this website. However, it may contain forums, blogs, message boards or similar features available for visitors. You may be asked to register or give personal information for using these features, particularly if you wish to leave comments or publish content.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any forum, blog or message board on this site, any personally identifiable information you provide in those comments or articles may be read, collated and used by anyone viewing them. As such, we are not responsible for personally identifiable information you may choose to make available through these channels.
We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels”. These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
HOW CAN YOU MODIFY, DELETE OR ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HAVE GIVEN AND HOW TO OPT-OUT OF TARGETED ADVERTISING?
The GDPR gives EU individuals rights to their personal data. There are some exceptions/exemptions to the rights granted by the GDPR, but in general, it includes rights to:
- request access to the data we store about you
- request updates/changes to your personal data
- request the deletion of your personal data
- take your personal data to a new service (if applicable)
- request we limit our collection and use of your personal data (e.g., opt out of being tracked by our first party analytics tool)
You can ask us to take these actions (based on the current law) any time if you contacting us by this form.
Upon your request, the admin of the Holy Whisk Blog will fulfill your request or contact directly to WordPress.com with the similar request. As soon as WordPress.com provides the information / confirms the modification requested, we will contact you with this information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can update your preferences or opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting youronlinechoices.eu (EU based) or optout.aboutads.info (US based).
HOW WE SHARE VISITOR INFORMATION
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances with third parties only to help us using your Personal Information as described above.
- We use WordPress.com to host our site — you can read more about how WordPress.com uses your personal information here.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, please be aware that no method of electronic storage can ever be 100% secure. Therefore, as is the case with any organization – we are not in a position to guarantee the absolute security of your information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The website of the Holy Whisk Blog is updated to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will come into effect on 25 May 2018.
You can read the whole regulation included your rights if you click here.
You can find a list of common questions WordPress.com provided about GDPR and their answers to those questions here.
• • •
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Holy Whisk Blog may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should keep tracking this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, incomplete,
or you wish to delete it from our database
please feel free to contact us
and we will reply and take actions as soon as possible.
You can contact Reka Csulak, the admin of the Holy Whisk Blog by this form.